Monday, August 17, 2009

At Last! CHARLIE'S GRIND and GRILL! And my first ever food blog :)

Subscribe to Passion Pride Family by Email

So here it is! My very first food blog!

As i sit here writing and fulfilling one of my long overdue projects, biting into my leftover Philly Cheese Steak, (we ordered more than we can chew really but more on that later) I present to you...CHARLIE'S GRIND and GRILL!



I first came across this place from Anton Diaz's site www.ourawesomeplanet.com and by the way he reviewed the food, I knew we had to try it.

Located on West Capitol Drive, Brgy. Kapitolyo, Charlie's Grind and Grill is a quaint Burger and Cheese Steak joint, but let me tell you, there is nothing quaint or small about their food.



You choose from available items on their blackboard menu and order it all from their outside counter. We chose to have of course, the STARVING serving of the Philly Cheese Steak, Chili and Cheese Dog, and a an order of fries.




While eagerly awaiting for our orders to arrive, I set up our table with the available condiments.




We sat inside, fully air conditioned, well lit, and clean. Friendly wait staff were at the ready and on call.



Chili and Cheese Dog, Single Portion, P140

First to arrive was our Chili and Cheese Dog served with roughly diced onions on the side. As you can see, I couldn't wait to dive in! If it wasn't for Toni who reminded me to take a picture of it first, I would've gone through the hot dog in a few minutes. And she did not hesitate as well in taking a picture of me taking a bite out of it!

The hot dog is juicy from end to end, chili and cheese is great, and I like that they served the raw onions on the side because I like to take my raw onions in just small doses.

Cheese Steak, Starving Portion, P390

Next up was the Starving serving of the Cheese Steak! The Cheese Steak is served with salsa and Jalapeños on the side! I love Jalapeños! The menu boasted of Triple A Batangas Beef so we were expecting the best. They did not disappoint and we were surprised as well at the size of the serving!

I could imagine that the Starving portion can feed at least 3 or at most 4 people! Topped with bell peppers, caramelized onions, and cheese sauce the sandwich is as good as I pictured it. And they did not skimp on the beef. That is a deep sandwich. Wonderful wonderful!

I only wish that they would finely chop the Jalapeños so you can evenly spread it across your sandwich and have Jalapeño bits with each bite. Maybe I can request that for next time.

Hand Cut Fries, P60

Of course, what's a Burger joint without the fries. Crispy on the outside and mushy on the inside, served with ketchup. A nice side dish to round out the meal!



Good thing we arrived a bit early, around 7pm, because by the time we finished at about 8pm, people were streaming in and almost all the tables were taken already.

Overall, it was a very good meal, and the best Philly Cheese Steak I've had so far. We've tried Elbert's Cheese Steaks at Rockwell. Charlie's Grind and Grill has a fuller and bigger serving at almost the same prices as Elbert's. Charlie's would be #1 in my book and Elbert's a close #2.

So, as I finish up writing this food blog entry, about to take my last perfect bite of my leftover Philly Cheese Steak with that last bit of Jalapeño, (which is still good by the way with all the juices already absorbed by the bread, drool, I want more) I would like to say cheers to Anton Diaz for giving me the inspiration to pursue this small project of mine and introducing me to the best Philly Cheese Steak in town!




Thank you to my constant foodie companion, Toni. We will definitely go back to try the Angus Beef Burger!

Until the next food trip!

Here's to good food, fine wine, and great company!

Kevin Cabanban
kevincabanban@gmail.com
http://www.twitter.com/KevinSteady

Don't forget to leave your comments below! :)

Subscribe to Passion Pride Family by Email

No comments:

Post a Comment

kevinsteady Alltop RSS

Disclosure Policy

This blog is a personal blog written and edited by me. For questions about this blog, please contact kevincabanban@gmail.com.

This blog does not accept any form of advertising, sponsorship, or paid insertions. We write for our own purposes. However, we may be influenced by our background, occupation, religion, political affiliation or experience.

The owner(s) of this blog will never receive compensation in any way from this blog.

The owner(s) of this blog is not compensated to provide opinion on products, services, websites and various other topics. The views and opinions expressed on this blog are purely the blog owners. If we claim or appear to be experts on a certain topic or product or service area, we will only endorse products or services that we believe, based on our expertise, are worthy of such endorsement. Any product claim, statistic, quote or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer or provider.

This blog does not contain any content which might present a conflict of interest.

To get your own policy, go to http://www.disclosurepolicy.org